Monday, July 17, 2017

Wish I Were Here by Erin Lavan

Wish I Were HereWish I Were Here by Erin Lavan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A rather feisty book from the start, Wish I Were Here by Erin Lavan is a rollercoaster ride of romance, drugs, theft, and redemption. This is a fairly short novel, but there is much packed into the story. Upon learning of the death of her ex Axel, artist Savannah goes on a bender and ends up in jail. Just how that happens is convoluted and confusing, but suffice it to say that she drank too much and let her artistic talents get the better of her. After an intervention of sorts, and some therapy, she ends up on the rear seat of her doctor's ride, and heads through Europe on the trip of a lifetime. A lighthearted read that encompasses many of the more exciting aspects of travel, as well as a trip through culinary delights, this is an entertaining, easy book. The protagonist Savannah is well described as the quirky artist character she is and carries the story along pretty well through candid conversations and self-criticism. Wish I Were Here is a fine debut from an up and coming author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment