Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Still Here by Lara Vapnyar

This book has in interesting premise, but I felt a little lost and disinterested while reading. With an impressive cast of characters, many of whom immigrated to the United States from Russia, this book initially had a lot going for it. Sergey, the creative banker type, who just can't seem to keep a job, wants to develop a new app that manages death so to speak. He proposes the idea to Bob, who happens to be married to Regina, who is Sergey's old girlfriend. There are many convoluted relationships just like that, with people trading partners, and I found it to be a bit tedious after a while. While I did find the Russian component interesting, and the characters desire to fit into the American culture, the story itself did not carry enough action to keep me interested. BloggingforBooks.com graciously provided me a copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment