Snappy, insightful, and always engaging—our reviews dive deep into today’s hottest fiction while keeping an eye on tomorrow’s breakout voices. From bestselling authors making waves to indie writers quietly redefining genres, we bring you a thoughtful mix of perspectives that highlight what makes each book worth your time.
Thursday, July 23, 2026
Shrink Solves Murder by Phillippa Perry
One of the things that immediately stood out to me about Shrink Solves Murder was how different it felt from the typical murder mystery. Instead of relying on a detective with years of police experience, Philippa Perry gives us a therapist whose greatest skill is understanding people. That fresh perspective made the investigation feel unique and kept me interested from the start.
The characters are what really make this book work. They feel like real people with believable flaws and motivations, and that makes the mystery much more engaging. I found myself just as interested in the relationships and conversations as I was in figuring out who the killer was.
The pacing is steady, with plenty of clues sprinkled throughout, and while I guessed a couple of the twists before they happened, it didn't take away from the enjoyment. The story has a warm sense of humor and a thoughtful look at why people behave the way they do, which gives it a little more depth than your average mystery.
If you enjoy character-driven mysteries with a cozy feel and a psychological twist, Shrink Solves Murder is definitely worth adding to your reading list. I'll be interested to see if this becomes the start of a series because I'd happily spend more time with these characters.
https://amzn.to/4x0bd6F
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment