Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The Quarry Girls: A Thriller by Jess Lourey

The Quarry GirlsThe Quarry Girls by Jess Lourey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Quarry Girls: A Thriller is a great book and one that I raced through. The small town setting and how the author set the stage in the 1970s was spot on. I grew up during that time in the Midwest and was reminded of so many things, Zayres, tv dinners, Anacin, etc. It was certainly a different time. The author does a great job of combining a somewhat bucolic atmosphere with what lies beneath the surface. I found the tunnels fascinating to ponder, while the missing girls' scenario played out in the small town. It was somewhat obvious who was responsible, but nonetheless, this book is fascinating and no more grim or disgusting than many others out there. The contrast between innocence and reality is stark here and makes the book engrossing and eminently readable. Highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment