Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Beware the Woman by Megan Abbott

Beware the Woman by Megan Abbott- Megan Abbott is a great writer, I've read several of her books and they're typically great with a fast pace and strong plots. This book fell short for me. I do like the writing style, it felt taut and highly descriptive. Kind of an edge to it. The two main characters, Jed and Jacy fell madly in love in a quick fashion. Truly a suspension of disbelief for the reader. But,
although I liked the writing style, the way Jacy described Jed, their love for each other, how they met, etc., the story itself was such a slow burn and unrealistic on so many levels. I finished reading this wondering if I had missed something along the way. A bunch of men controlling a woman, meh, kind of overdone. Of course she had to escape, but Jacy had so little common sense, it was laughable. A miss for me. Thanks to Netgalley for an advance copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment