Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Tresspasser by Tana French

I love Tana French's writing. It doesn't get much better. You have to immerse yourself into her books to understand them, the writing is dense and thick, every word matters. It pains me to say I didn't care for this book. It plodded along for me. I have no problem with a complicated lead character, in this case, Antionette. She was grumpy(with reason) and not a pleasant person. Okay, no big deal. I don't know, it just didn't work on some level. The conversations all seemed too long, too involved, there was little time in the story outside of the squad room. Kind of like a one setting play. With that component, it was tedious at times. Every previous book by this author has been exceptional, with ethereal qualities you just don't get in most literature today. I was so looking forward to this book. Hoping for a better installment in the Dublin Murder Squad next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment