Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Okay, so this is a little bit of a rant. Why in the world is health insurance so frigging expensive?!!!

Like a lot of you, my family has recently been impacted by the loss of employment. Namely, my husband's six figure job. We are now among those who are self employed, albeit, reluctantly, and have had to purchase individual insurance.

Through the wonders of the internet, we purchased some insurance, and let's just call them Big Blue. We pay over $375.00 dollars a month, (which I personally think is outrageous), and for the pleasure of having this insurance, I have to pay $136.00 dollars for a prescription which six months ago, cost me $50.00. This is bogus! This is wrong! No wonder people are going broke, and bankrupt! What if I had a major disease, like cancer or something!

And now for the political rant. No, I don't want universal health insurance. That would be an even bigger disaster. I hate that these big insurance companies have so much power, and seemingly make so much money. I hate having to pay a disproportionate amount of insurance, because some schlub, who doesn't have insurance, is passing off his hospital bill on me. Pisses me off no end.

End of rant.

I wish we could both find "real" jobs, and quit this self employment crap.

End of rant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment