Friday, July 31, 2020

Goodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a Movement by Steve Mariotti

Goodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a MovementGoodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a Movement by Steve Mariotti
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a Movement is one of the most inspirational stories you will ever read. A pivotal moment in the author's life changed the trajectory of his life, along with the lives of his future students. This is a great memoir that shows the tremendous influence a teacher can have and in this case, the influence is massive, as the author challenged his students to think outside their restrictive boxes. This book is both funny and at times intense, but the net result is that countless students were positively changed and given opportunities they might not otherwise have had if it weren't for Mariotto and his Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship. This is a must-read book, one that both inspires but sets an optimistic tone for the future of teaching and business. Highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment