Thursday, December 14, 2017

Good Neighbors by Joanne Serling

Good NeighborsGood Neighbors by Joanne Serling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good Neighbors by Joanne Serling could have been so much more. A good format, a rather tense storyline, and tedious neighbors could possibly have added up to a lot of oomph, but the overall premise fell flat, especially the ending. It wasn't that surprising. Some of the writing style was simply disconcerting; I have never read a book with so many exclamation points! Nicole in particular seemed to end a bunch of sentences by screaming as indicated by the exclamation points! How many does one need in a novel!! I could go on and on! It was distracting! Maybe Nicole drank a lot of coffee! Who knows, but reading this was exhausting. I really felt like this book was a veiled attempt at a distraught neighborhood drama, aka, Liane Moriarty, but it fell short.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment