Monday, January 9, 2017

Confess by Colleen Hoover

ConfessConfess by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Caveat- I am not familiar with this author at all. Just happened to see this book in the library and picked it up. It actually sounded more like a mystery than a romance to me. Anyway... I had to stop reading after about mid-way through the book. While I truly enjoyed the premise of the book, the confessions that were a catalyst for art by Owen, and the art was actually quite good, I don't know, it just didn't hold enough depth for me. Auburn the other protagonist was just so shallowly written, so naïve and fell in love with Owen so instantly, well, it felt forced and completely unrealistic. They were enraptured with each other in a matter of hours. Owen was borderline stalker-ish to me. So Owen had a BIG secret, woohoo, who doesn't at some point? I kept waiting and waiting for some form of excitement, resolution, something to propel the story forward, but it meandered along into nothing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment