Friday, January 27, 2017

A Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the Air by Erika Armstrong

A Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the AirA Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the Air by Erika Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the Air by Erika Armstrong is much more than a simple re-telling of what it is like to be a female pilot in a male dominated industry. About a third of the way through the book, it gets much more interesting than that. Armstrong tells a strong personal story that involves domestic abuse, and how she gets out of a terribly abusive and dangerous marriage. Written from the heart in plain language, Armstrong details the way her two lives, one as a professional pilot, the other more personal side as a wife, cross over and intertwine. This book is the story of a woman who forged a career despite rampant discrimination, and also overcame personal challenges. A highly inspirational read, would recommend for a glimpse into the aviation industry coupled with personal drama.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment