Thursday, September 1, 2016

I See You by Clare Mackintosh

After having read I Let You Go, which was awesome, I was so looking forward to reading the follow up book by Clare MacKintosh, I See You. Unfortunately, I gave up halfway through this book. It just didn't grab me in the beginning, and I didn't find Zoe a particularly relatable or engaging character. There was nothing transforming or no situation in the start of the book to keep my attention. Nothing really terrible happened to Zoe, I guess I needed more to grab onto at the beginning to draw me in as a reader, and Zoe simply seeing her photo in the newspaper was not enough to justify reading further. The story just seemed to give way to nothing and did not compel me to read the entire book. Very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment