Top 5 Herbal Remedies For MenopauseAuthor: Evelyn Lim
Thinking of going through hormone replacement therapy to help ease your menopausal symptoms? Have you considered trying some herbal remedies first to see if they help? Rather than go for a drastic option, the use of herbal remedies may be worth a try as they are natural and comparatively safer.
In fact, there are many herbal remedies that can help deal with the various menopausal symptoms that you are having. These include herbal remedies to alleviate your existing condition of night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, loss of sex drive, memory loss, depression and sudden mood swings.
Menopause is often referred to as the change. It is often a difficult period for the sufferer as well as those around. Also, it can get depressing as weight gain is a possible outcome during menopause.
Here is a guide to the top 5 herbal remedies for menopause:
1. Gingko Biloba. Gingko Biloba is effective for those going through hormonal changes. Herbalists and naturopathic doctors say that this herb can increase and improve blood flow to virtually all parts of the body. Herbalists recommend that a dosage of 40 to 80 milligram capsule 3 times a day. This will also help in cases of memory loss.
2. Chasteberry. Chasteberry is one of the herbal remedies often overlooked when treating menopause's difficult symptoms. However, this is a secret known to herbalists that this herb can have a profound effect on the body's hormones. Herbalists recommend this herb because it can actually help reverse the vaginal changes, lowered libido, and other symptoms of menopause.
3. St. Johns Wort. St Johns wort, on the other hand, is a herb known to help with anxiety, irritability and mood swings. In fact, this is one of the herbal remedies that can be more more effective in treating depression than traditional antidepressants. In general, herbalists and naturopathic doctors recommend 100 and 300 milligrams of St. John's wort 3 times a day. You should be sure that this is standardized for 0.3 percent hypercin.
4. Valerian. You may also find it hard to get to sleep at night during menopause. Many herbal remedies help to induce relaxation and sleep. One of them includes valerian. Valerian is both safe and nonaddictive. It is suggested that women should take between 300 to 500 milligrams of this one hour before bed.
5. Lavender. The last of the herbal remedies that is recommended is lavender. You can achieve a peaceful night of rest with lavender. This herb can be easily integrated into aromatherapy. Simply sprinkle a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your pillow before going to bed.
Before you try any of these herbal remedies, do check with your doctor. You have to make sure that the herbal remedies for menopause do not interact negatively with the other medications that you may be on. Also, you would need to ask your doctor or herbalist for the recommended dosages of herbal remedies for your specific case. What is useful is to know that hormone replacement therapy is not the one and only solution if you want to ease your menopausal symptoms. There are many herbal remedies out there that can help you alleviate your suffering!
Evelyn Lim is the writer and publisher of a free newsletter on herbal home remedies. In her newsletter, she shares amazing tips on using non-drug remedies to cure and treat common health ailments. For more information, please visit http://www.herbalremedytips.com.