Things You’ll Need:
- Step 1:Chop up a clove of garlic and put about 1/4 of the chopped clove into your cat's food.
- Step 2:Dust your cat with garlic powder. Avoid getting the powder near the cat's eyes, nose or mouth. Use the smallest amount of powder necessary to cover the cat.
- Step 3:Wash your cat as your normally would in warm soapy water, but add a couple drops of garlic juice to the water first.
- Step 4:Massage your cat with some garlic salt. The salt along with the smell of garlic helps to repel fleas.
Tips & Warnings
- Brewer's yeast is often combined with garlic in commercial flea prevention products. This mixture can be added to the cat's food or given as a treat for flea prevention. You can also rub brewers yeast and garlic directly on your cat's fur. Look for various preparations of this type at most pet supply stores.
- Consult your cat's veterinarian if you have questions or concerns about giving garlic to your cat in any form.
- Do not rub garlic powder, salt, or juice onto your cat if there are any open sores as this could irritate the wound further.